Our attorneys are well acquainted with the intricacies of Thai employment and labour law, as well as the practicalities of workplace relations and dealing with the Labour Court. We have experience in such areas as non-compete agreements, trade secrets, severance, work rules, executive litigation and transactional labour issues.
We also counsel clients in all aspects of employment including employment contracts and compensation, investigations and internal compliance audits. We take a pragmatic view on labour matters and are always mindful of our clients' reputation as employers.
When conflict cannot be avoided, Panu& Partners brings or defends our clients’ employment claims in court. We combine the strength of our dispute resolution and litigation team with the expertise of our employment attorneys.
We offer the following services:
• Strategic Employment Advice: Conditions of employment, work rules and regulations, employment agreements, benefit plans, executive compensation, labor protection, workers’ compensation, social security, provident funds, and safety issues
• Commercial Transactions: Issues related to labor expansion, contraction, and integration due to mergers, acquisitions, and restructuring
• Labor-Management Relations: Conflicts in the workplace, strike management and control, lockouts, and labor demands
• Immigration: Work permits, visas, and permanent residence permits
• Employment and Labor Litigation: Enforcement of restrictive covenants related to competition and trade secrets, termination of employment claims, and sexual harassment claims
Read about some of our recent victories below. We have:
• Advised Japanese Company and planned the layoff of numerous employees and created a multifaceted strategy to manage the response of the employees. We successfully responded to the opposition and completed the downsizing of the company without any employee claim.
• Secured a precious judgement in a labor dispute wherein a Thai top three bank wrongfully terminated a high-level employee. We sought severance, unfair termination, compensation for breach of employment contract and other monetary entitlements. Representing the employee, we convinced the judge that the employee is entitled to get both compensation for unfair termination and breach of employment contract.
• Obtained a favorable judgment for the multinational accounting firm’s director in a case filed against the firm and executives who terminated with bad faith. We secured this successful result even though there is still debate among Thai legal scholars as to whether lieu for unfair termination and breach of employment contract are the entitled for the employee.
• Represented the Japan Company who provide spare part to Mitsubishi and Hitachi and act as ongoing labor compliance counsel.
• Concluded a case involving an employee safety allegation by a governmental authority against a multinational corporation.